With so many blogs out there, how do you make yours stand out? Here are some tips:
- Have a content strategy, and arrange it around your topic/focus. A blog isn’t a one-off, it’s an ongoing project and you need to populate it with relevant content on an ongoing basis.
- Don’t forget to link – outbound links beget inbound links!
- Keep your overall SEO strategy in mind – put keywords in your blog posts.
- Create original content that engages your audience – content they can’t get anywhere else.
- Be timely and go with current events, write about tax issues in March and April not September and October.
- Don’t forget to optimize images, video and audio files with relevant, keyword-rich metadata.
- Set your feedburner options to optimize click tracking for search engine rankings.
- Engage the community with open ended posts or questions.