Portland OR 503-703-2985
Marketing professional with over fifteen years of progressive experience in digital marketing, platform management and user experience design. Accomplished at creative development, website operations, digital product management and collaborating effectively with stakeholders, vendors and clients.
Areas of expertise include:
Director of Digital Marketing
Digital Strategy, Platform Mangagment and Lead Generation for the Planar and Leyard brands
Advising clients on digital marketing, product management, user experience and strategies to improve customer acquisition, conversion and retention rates.
Senior Director of Digital Marketing
Strategic direction and product management of the Unigo.com website with a focus on engagement and customer experience. Collaborated closely with development and design to align user experience goals and roadmaps to continually launch new features and functionality using SCRUM methodology.
- Developed an integrated marketing platform and segmentation engine that increased customer engagement, drove revenue and enhanced content creation.
- Increased college review submissions 10X via a customer driven user experience and site promotion.
- Launched marketing automation campaigns to drive revenue and repeat visits.
Director of Digital Marketing
Directed digital and customer experience initiatives across all Knowledge Universe US brands including KinderCare, Knowledge Beginnings, Grove School and CCLC. Primary areas of focus include customer acquisition, CRM, website operations and enterprise platform management.
- Defined enterprise digital road-map and strategy for four distinct brands with over 2,000 locations.
- Increased conversion rates by 20% from A/B and multivariate testing.
- Drove over 20K leads a month with 20% YOY growth via paid media, affiliates and partners.
- Integrated website analytics, chat and CRM platforms giving full visibility into consumer behavior.
- Created enterprise web service platform that synchronized location content driving double-digit ROI.
Product Manager, Global Digital Commerce
Contractor with Kelly Services: 1/2009 - 10/2009 & 1/2010 - 4/2010
Managed enhancements and roadmaps for product catalog, ratings & reviews, promotions and product recommendation platform for global Nike eCommerce site.
- Increased cross sell revenue by 150% by integrating a data driven cross sell platform.
- Saved over a 1,000 hours each season for merchandising teams by enabling auto attribution and mass update capabilities.
- Created product review feedback loop for product creation organization, delivering real-time customer insight.
Comcast Entertainment Group / The Golf Channel
Director of Marketing, GolfNow.com
Directed marketing and eCommerce operations for the nation's largest golf tee time website. Provided strategic direction, digital platform management, and user experience design for 150+ websites. Accountable for developing and implementing strategies for SEM, SEO, email, social media and online video.
- Created distinct local marketing campaigns lowering cost per customer acquisition by 48%.
- Expanded to over 50 markets in 2 years, increasing customer database over 200%.
- Increased revenue 50% utilizing local marketing initiatives including paid search, radio and print.
Senior User Experience Developer - Digital Commerce
Senior front end designer and developer of Nike and Cole Haan eCommerce websites.
- Partnered with design leadership in delivering cross-channel brand refreshes and design enhancements.
- Worked directly with brand, eCommerce and marketing leadership in designing category, brand and product launch interactive promotions.
Interactive marketing and eCommerce developer for Internet consulting agency. Client based project work included:
- Reader's Digest — Lead web developer during a redesign of RD.com and implementation of the eCommerce platform and Content Management System.
- AT&T Wireless— Lead web designer/developer during an eCommerce site redesign.
- Health Allies— Web design and development lead for health services eCommerce start-up.
- The Nautilus Group— Business analysis and requirements gathering for eCommerce website.
Chrome Data Corporation
Provided marketing, graphic design and web development for automotive software firm.
Tyee Euro RSCG
Responsible for graphic design, direct marketing, and account management.
- Search Engine Academy of Oregon
Search Engine Optimization Certification
- University of Oregon
Web Design and Development Program
- Oregon State University
BS Business Administration, emphasis in Marketing.
Minor in Graphic Design
- Product Management: Jira, Confluence, Balsamiq Mockups
- Web Analytics: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
- Search Engine Marketing: Adobe Search Center, Adobe Media Optimizer and Adobe Target
- CRM: Salesforce, Act-On
- Email & Marketing Automation: MailChimp, Mandrill, ExactTarget
- Content Management: Umbraco, Ektron, Wordpress, and Concrete
- Design and Publishing: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
"Since 2004, I have interviewed thousands of execs from the IR-500 and Shop.org ecommerce communities, and Matt Arnzen gets extremely high marks from me. Matt's knowledge of conversion rate optimization and marketing tracking / metrics are top-notch. Additionally, his marketing systems integration and platform development chops are first rate.
Matt excels at understanding what technologies can benefit a business, integrating those technologies with existing technologies, and managing and tracking the success of all of them. Quick study. Great people skills. Team player. Can lead and be led. Extremely business-oriented. Can take complex IT concepts and translate their business value into everyday language. A great resource for any company."
Harry was a consultant to Matt at Knowledge Universe
"Often times, clients I work with are so focused on their own work and the day-to-day details that they forget the overall business goals. One of Matt's key strengths was his deep understanding of KinderCare's business, which he then translated into a digital marketing strategy. He would explain all aspects of the business, which would help us work together to achieve the greater business goals.
In addition to his big picture understanding and view of things, Matt also has very strong product knowledge, implementing scores of campaigns himself, ranging from PPC search to YouTube to Gmail Sponsored Promotions to mobile. Matt was a thought leader when it came to mobile, understanding that the success metrics had to be different and proposing a mobile attribution model. Matt is also incredibly attentive to detail and design, working on a full page overlay for Gmail Sponsored Promotions for hours to make sure it looked perfect. Overall, Matt was an absolute pleasure to work with, and I'd highly recommend him."
Digital Marketing and Strategy at Google
James was a consultant to Matt at Knowledge Universe
"I have worked with Matt at Knowledge Universe for the last 2 years and during that time, he has proven to be a great marketing partner and a collaborative team player. He demonstrated his digital and technological knowledge when we worked on the CCLC.com website redesign and moved the website platform. In addition, he and his team advised us on digital initiatives to drive awareness and generate leads. I truly appreciate Matt's skill set and his partnership!"
Senior Director of Marketing at Knowledge Universe
Yufen worked directly with Matt at Knowledge Universe
“Matt developed our brand and built our marketing department from the ground up. His broad experience in Internet and traditional marketing helped him hire a best-in-class team and dominate the online tee time space. GolfNow.com became the number one brand in online tee times during Matt’s tenure. He is a well-rounded, highly skilled and pragmatic leader who motivates his team to get the job done.”
COO, GolfNow.com (a Comcast Company)
Managed Matt at GolfNow.com
“Matt is awesome. Beyond his great personality, he has breadth and depth of skill and experience in digital marketing and user experience that is hard to beat. Both strategic and tactical, Matt keeps long range objectives in sight while reacting to daily changes in business with agility. Matt also has vision and knows how to pull teams together in executing that vision. I miss working with him and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking extremely savvy and hardworking leaders for their organization.”
Sr. Creative Producer (US Digital Commerce), Nike, Inc.
Worked with Matt at Nike.
"During his time on the NikeStore.com Platform Team, Matt managed a number of large, complex and high-profile projects concurrently. Matt's detailed nature, technical saavy combined with his solid industry experience proved invaluable to the success of his projects and releases."
NikeStore.com Platform Lead, Nike
Managed Matt at Nike
"Matt and I worked together on several global NikeStore capability updates, as well new features. Matt was an excellent project lead, taking the projects we worked on from brief to delivery. I've watched Matt perform and contribute to projects for a demanding client, with multiple stakeholders, on tight timelines with high expectations. Matt was responsible for coordinating the success of the execution."
Global Design Manager, UED, Nike
Worked with Matt at Nike
"Matt has my recommendation. He is clearly knowledgeable and highly experienced in eCommerce, and in a well-rounded way which makes him a very valuable colleague. Matt knows both the technical/platform side of online retail and the Consumer Experience & Online Marketing worlds very well. I can rely on Matt to thoroughly and resourcefully investigate an opportunity/challenge, find the best solutions and best practices for the consumer, and to follow through with a solid business case and all his persuasive power to make the change happen in the most efficient manner possible. He is detailed and thorough in his analyses, and articulate and direct in presenting his findings and recommendations."
Marketing Programs Manager, Nike
Worked with Matt at Nike
“Matt is one of the savviest marketers we've worked with on the client side. The proof is in the pudding: not only has he enabled us to achieved tremendous success with search marketing, but his own internal efforts have resulted in additional recognition, including a video case study by Google for their work with Google Print and Google Audio.”
President and Founder, Anvil Media, Inc.
was a consultant or contractor to Matt at GolfNow.com
“Matt is a very well rounded professional, with a deep understanding of both creative and technical aspects of the web. He effectively applies this knowledge towards building a strategic framework for the organization, and then breaks down the strategic into tangible business objectives across disciplines. As a result, he is an excellent and respected leader. Matt's ability to define and translate high level vision into tactical executions has helped create alignment within cross-functional teams, thereby maximizing synergies and quality of output. On a personal level, I have always enjoyed working with Matt because of his positive attitude, work ethic, and respect for others. I highly recommend him.”
Senior Producer, Nike, Inc.
worked with Matt at Nike.