7/2004 - CurrentZen Creative Group
Advising clients on marketing, digital strategy, marketing stack/technology management and user experience.
12/2015 - 7/2018Planar, a Leyard Company
Director of Digital Marketing
Global digital strategy and marketing platform technology management for leading manufacturer of digital signage. Led digital marketing efforts and sales enablement programs. Collaborated with development, product and content teams on multiple web properties.
- Directed strategy and launch of global multi-site redesign, lifting organic visits by 9%, engagement by 25% and conversion rates by 40%.
- Created customer driven lead nurturing strategy increasing sales opportunities and overall lead quality.
- Redesigned demand generation engine increasing qualified leads and reducing cost-per-lead.
- Aligned sales and marketing teams by activating attribution models and pipeline metrics.
2/2014 - 8/2015Unigo Group
Senior Director of Digital Marketing
Strategic direction and product management of the Unigo.com website with a focus on engagement and customer experience. Collaborated closely with development and design to align user experience goals and roadmaps to continually launch new features and functionality using SCRUM methodology.
- Developed an integrated marketing platform and segmentation engine that increased customer engagement, drove revenue and enhanced content creation.
- Increased college review submissions 10X via a customer driven user experience and site promotion.
- Launched marketing automation campaigns to drive revenue and repeat visits.
4/2010 - 10/2013Knowledge Universe
Director of Digital Marketing
Directed digital and customer experience initiatives across all Knowledge Universe US brands including KinderCare, Knowledge Beginnings, Grove School and CCLC. Primary areas of focus include customer acquisition, CRM, website operations and enterprise platform management.
- Defined enterprise digital road-map and strategy for four distinct brands with over 2,000 locations.
- Increased conversion rates by 20% from A/B and multivariate testing.
- Drove over 20K leads a month with 20% YOY growth via paid media, affiliates and partners.
- Integrated website analytics, chat and CRM platforms giving full visibility into consumer behavior.
- Created enterprise web service platform that synchronized location content driving double-digit ROI.
2009 - 2010Nike, Inc.
Product Manager, Global Digital Commerce
Contractor with Kelly Services: 1/2009 - 10/2009 & 1/2010 - 4/2010
Managed enhancements and roadmaps for product catalog, ratings & reviews, promotions and product recommendation platform for global Nike eCommerce site.
- Increased cross sell revenue by 150% by integrating a data driven cross sell platform.
- Saved over a 1,000 hours each season for merchandising teams by enabling auto attribution and mass update capabilities.
- Created product review feedback loop for product creation organization, delivering real-time customer insight.
12/2005 - 12/2008Comcast Entertainment Group / The Golf Channel
Director of Marketing, GolfNow.com
Directed marketing and eCommerce operations for the nation's largest golf tee time website. Provided strategic direction, digital platform management, and user experience design for 150+ websites. Accountable for developing and implementing strategies for SEM, SEO, email, social media and online video.
- Created distinct local marketing campaigns lowering cost per customer acquisition by 48%.
- Expanded to over 50 markets in 2 years, increasing customer database over 200%.
- Increased revenue 50% utilizing local marketing initiatives including paid search, radio and print.
6/2004 - 12/2005Nike, Inc.
Senior User Experience Developer - Digital Commerce
Senior front end designer and developer of Nike and Cole Haan eCommerce websites.
- Partnered with design leadership in delivering cross-channel brand refreshes and design enhancements.
- Worked directly with brand, eCommerce and marketing leadership in designing category, brand and product launch interactive promotions.
6/1999 – 6/2004Razorfish
Interactive marketing and eCommerce developer for Internet consulting agency. Client based project work included:
- Reader's Digest — Lead web developer during a redesign of RD.com and implementation of the eCommerce platform and Content Management System.
- AT&T Wireless— Lead web designer/developer during an eCommerce site redesign.
- Health Allies— Web design and development lead for health services eCommerce start-up.
- The Nautilus Group— Business analysis and requirements gathering for eCommerce website.
Search Engine Academy of Oregon
Search Engine Optimization Certification
University of Oregon
Web Design and Development Program
Oregon State University
BS Business Administration, emphasis in Marketing. Minor in Graphic Design
Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Marketing
Technology Platform Management
Web Analytics and Reporting
Email & Marketing Automation:
Customer Relationship Management
Recommendations from LinkedIn
Matt is a skilled marketing leader who is capable of driving digital marketing strategy; he has launched dynamic websites, driven lead generation campaigns, managed vendor relationships, and managed web properties. Matt is adaptable and flexible, and he communicates well with colleagues throughout every level and function of the organization.
Matt is an experienced and capable digital marketer. He has implemented new websites, driven lead generation campaigns, selected and managed vendors, deployed sales enablement tools, oversaw the martech stack, managed marketing operations, and lead and developed teams. He is strategic and thoughtful with the skills to get things done. Hand over your digital marketing programs and you’ll be happy you did.
Matt's work at Unigo reflects his deep understanding of digital marketing platforms and strategy that inform B2C marketing. Matt helped establish our segmentation approach, email program and was on point for user experience. Matt's attention to detail was key to Unigo's ongoing improvement for students and parents.
Matt is a thoughtful leader who always knows what to do next and how to get there. He takes on the most challenging responsibilities with calm and confidence. He instills strength and stability in his team, laying the foundation for greatness. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked with such a talented, capable, and supportive professional. Matt will deliver success wherever he goes.
During his time on the NikeStore.com Platform Team, Matt managed a number of large, complex and high-profile projects concurrently. Matt's detailed nature, technical saavy combined with his solid industry experience proved invaluable to the success of his projects and releases.
Often times, clients I work with are so focused on their own work and the day-to-day details that they forget the overall business goals. One of Matt's key strengths was his deep understanding of KinderCare's business, which he then translated into a digital marketing strategy. He would explain all aspects of the business, which would help us work together to achieve the greater business goals. In addition to his <strong>big picture</strong> understanding and view of things, Matt also has very strong product knowledge, implementing scores of campaigns himself, ranging from PPC search to YouTube to Gmail Sponsored Promotions to mobile. Matt was a thought leader when it came to mobile, understanding that the success metrics had to be different and proposing a mobile attribution model. Matt is also incredibly attentive to detail and design, working on a full page overlay for Gmail Sponsored Promotions for hours to make sure it looked perfect. Overall, Matt was an absolute pleasure to work with, and I'd highly recommend him.
Matt has my recommendation. He is clearly knowledgeable and highly experienced in eCommerce, and in a well-rounded way which makes him a very valuable colleague. Matt knows both the technical/platform side of online retail and the Consumer Experience & Online Marketing worlds very well. I can rely on Matt to thoroughly and resourcefully investigate an opportunity/challenge, find the best solutions and best practices for the consumer, and to follow through with a solid business case and all his persuasive power to make the change happen in the most efficient manner possible. He is detailed and thorough in his analyses, and articulate and direct in presenting his findings and recommendations.View All Recommendations